How the Wiki works
Navigate the wiki
- To return to the home page: click on the logo or the white square at the top left.
- To do a classic search on the content of all articles: use the search bar at the top right
- View different versions of an article
- Compare different versions of an article
- To find an article by doing a multi-criteria search (based on the themes and metadata entered in the page): In the navigation bar, click on articles > Find an article
You can access a wiki, in reading as well as in writing, with a classic web browser. You can view the pages in two different modes: read mode (which is the default mode) and write mode, which present the page in a form that allows you to modify it. In write mode, the text of the page, displayed in a web page, is enriched with a help bar for formatting the text, creating links, arranging images, etc.
Perhaps the best-known public wiki is Wikipedia.
The articles are just like the other pages but to which we can add themes and tags thanks to the form
- To use the visual editor from a page, click on the link "switch to edit mode"
- Use the edit bar
- Create a link towards 
- Import and display an image / a pdf file on a wiki page.
- The file / image can be displayed on any page but has its dedicated page see the list of files imported on the demonstration wiki.
- Editing lists
- Editing tables
- Editing categories, however, for articles, we advise you to use only themes and tags to classify them.
- Editing page settings :
- to redirect the page
- From edit mode to switch to 'wiki code editing' , click on the 'pencil' to the right of the bar then ' [] Source Edition '
- Keyboard shortcuts provided by the Visual editor.
Learn more, see online help mediawiki.org
- To create a new article: in the navigation bar, click on Articles then Add an article
- To add / modify themes and / or tags to articles: on the page of an article, click on "Modify themes and / or tags"
- To know how to modify / edit the content of an existing article and save its modifications click here.
Manage pages / articles
Articles are pages like any other but to which you can add themes and tags using the form
- Rename a page
- From the page of an article click on "Rename"
- Follow a page to be notified of its changes
- From the page of an article click on "Follow"
- Undo changes already saved to go back to a previous version
- From the page of an article click on "History"
- Find the modification to be canceled then click on the "Cancel" link
Discuss the content of an article
On an article page, click on the "Discussion" link (if the link is red it means that there has not yet been a discussion attached to this article). Then enter the title of the discussion and enter your first message or reply within an existing discussion.
Administer your wiki(s)
These actions can only be carried out by administrators
- To protect a page in writing, from the page of an article, Click on the "Protect" link. Select the different options then save
- To delete a page, from the page of an article, click on the "Delete" link
- To modify the navigation bar, click on "Administration" in the horizontal navigation bar then on the link "Modify the lateral or horizontal navigation bar"
- Invite a new user by email to create an account on the wiki
- Modify the rights of a user
- To see the list of users (and the groups to which they belong), go to the Special:ListUsers page, select the user group if necessary (reader, contributor, administrator)
Wiki Valley Platform
- Minimum configuration
- Use Wiki Valley Parsoid (for outside wikis that cannot host their own Parsoid, required for the visual editor)
- Configure a specific domain name for a wiki hosted by Wiki Valley
- Create a customer account (coming soon)
- Manage your wikis, create a new wiki (coming soon)